The Date Night Edition
$USD9.31 – $USD10.75
Designed as an add on to the Getting Lost Game – these additional 10 misdirection cards give you 10 date night specific activities and directions to do while out playing the Getting Lost Game!
Whether it’s your 10 year wedding anniversary or your third date, Valentines Day or just a night without the kids – these 10 cards are specially designed to make an epic date night.
You’re going to have no idea where you are going or what you are doing when you set out but at the end of date night you will have danced, stared into each others eyes (and because we all know that’s cheesy and oh so awkward the first one to laugh will be buying drinks), you’ll have photos, a date night souvenir, a letter, narrowed the dinner and dessert choices down and depending how old you were when you met – potentially a long drive!
This booster pack has a mix of activity based and direction cards. We recommend for maximum adventure that you combine this edition with a direction Booster Pack for a short game or an Adventurers, Standard, Te Reo or Aussie Edition for a longer game.
We love that this special edition has been a real community effort. We’ve called on help from our Getting Lost community to create these cards and some of these cards have been inspired by them. Particular shout out to Kate, Rachel and Sheay whose idea’s appear on the cards but we’d like to thank all of you who sent your ideas.
On the back of the cards are our NZ inspiration cards. There are some of our favourite out of town destinations with places like Te Kouma, The Forgotten Highway and Lake Coleridge appearing to inspire you to explore New Zealand.
Which option do I choose?
Naked – choose this option if you are purchasing a case and are happy for us to send them out with just a rubber band (note each case will fit one additional 10 card booster pack only so with the larger booster packs you’ll need to leave a few cards out if you want them all to fit in the one case).
Wrapped – choose this option for gifting, if you are buying multiple packs or if you just want each of your Booster Packs in their own custom designed packs (they look pretty cool!)
So what is the Getting Lost Game?
Purposefully offline, The Getting Lost Game is designed to inspire adventures and get people out of what they know and explore that untravelled path.
Designed by James and I, the Getting Lost Game gives you random directions to discover new places where ever you are in the country.
There are no rules to the game and the ways you can play it are endless and entirely adaptable to the person playing the game.
Here’s some ideas we’ve had though…
- For quick play, pick a new direction card at each intersection
- For a game that lasts a couple of hours pick a new card every 5 minutes
- Want to keep it simple? Just keep in the direction cards (left, right, north, south etc) and take out the trickier ones
- Looking for a weekend get away? Play the game until you get the “head for home” card and then find a hotel or campground in what ever town you are in when you get the card
- Don’t want to stop for treats? Take the treat and drink card out before you start playing
- Want to be totally unplugged? There is only one card that requires the internet (Google the word lake) so just take that one out
- Send the kids off for a walk with the game to explore new places
- Arrive in a new city and set off walking with the cards – take a new direction at each intersection
- Want to surprise someone? Add in your own card in the middle (we’ve done 3 proposal cards already!)
Each card measures 91mm x 55mm and this pack has 10 misdirection cards. On the reverse side are inspiration cards with NZ locations that you can read more about on our blog.
Please remember to play the game responsibly and make sure that you stay safe and able to get yourself back home at all times. The compass is a toy designed for playing the game only so please don’t rely on this for directions.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.