The “Make Dad’s Day” Edition
$NZD12.95 – $NZD14.95
Designed as an add on to the Getting Lost Game – these additional 15 misdirection cards give you 15 ways to treat Dad while out playing the Getting Lost Game!
Whether it’s Fathers Day, Dad’s birthday or just because Dad is awesome and deserves a day out – these 15 cards are specially designed for him. Dad will be stopping to play (and maybe a beer), rocking out to his favourite music, hearing what you all love about him and generally having a good time getting lost with his favourite kids!
This booster pack is mostly activity based. We recommend for maximum adventure that you combine this edition with an Adventurers, Standard, Te Reo or Aussie Edition as these have all the direction cards you need to get moving around and exploring while stopping to do fun things with this pack.
We love that this special edition has been a real community effort. We’ve called on help from our Getting Lost community to create these cards and some of these cards have been inspired by them. Particular shout out to the Magvay family, the Quinn Family, Hayley and Louise whose idea’s appear on the cards but we’d like to thank all of you who sent your ideas.
On the back of the cards are our NZ inspiration cards. There are some of our favourite out of town destinations with places like The Forgotten Highway, Rarawa Beach, The Catlins and Lake Coleridge appearing to inspire you to explore New Zealand.
Which option do I choose?
Naked – choose this option if you are purchasing a case and are happy for us to send them out with just a rubber band (note each case will fit one additional 10 card booster pack only so with the larger booster packs you’ll need to leave a few cards out if you want them all to fit in the one case).
Wrapped – choose this option for gifting, if you are buying multiple packs or if you just want each of your Booster Packs in their own custom designed packs (they look pretty cool!)
So what is the Getting Lost Game?
Purposefully offline, The Getting Lost Game is designed to inspire adventures and get people out of what they know and explore that untravelled path.
Designed by James and I, the Getting Lost Game gives you random directions to discover new places where ever you are in the country.
There are no rules to the game and the ways you can play it are endless and entirely adaptable to the person playing the game.
Here’s some ideas we’ve had though…
- For quick play, pick a new direction card at each intersection
- For a game that lasts a couple of hours pick a new card every 5 minutes
- Want to keep it simple? Just keep in the direction cards (left, right, north, south etc) and take out the trickier ones
- Looking for a weekend get away? Play the game until you get the “head for home” card and then find a hotel or campground in what ever town you are in when you get the card
- Don’t want to stop for treats? Take the treat and drink card out before you start playing
- Want to be totally unplugged? There is only one card that requires the internet (Google the word lake) so just take that one out
- Send the kids off for a walk with the game to explore new places
- Arrive in a new city and set off walking with the cards – take a new direction at each intersection
- Want to surprise someone? Add in your own card in the middle (we’ve done 3 proposal cards already!)
Each card measures 91mm x 55mm and this pack has 15 misdirection cards. On the reverse side are inspiration cards with NZ locations that you can read more about on our blog.
Please remember to play the game responsibly and make sure that you stay safe and able to get yourself back home at all times. The compass is a toy designed for playing the game only so please don’t rely on this for directions.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.