The Aussie Edition
Introducing the Aussie Edition of the Getting Lost Game.
The Aussie Edition has all the Getting Lost misdirection cards you need to get you finding new places in your backyard (things like turn left, follow a blue car, head in the direction the wind is blowing) but we’ve put in some extra, uniquely Aussie misdirections too.
Each kit contains 30 “misdirection cards” which give you random directions to get you being mindfully random in your exploration.
The Aussie Edition was designed with help from our Getting Lost community (thanks Sarah, Janie, Nesbitt, Shelley, Cheryl, Amy and Alison) to create some uniquely Aussie directions with things like koala’s, billabongs, thongs, skinny lattes, tinnies and eucalyptus trees featuring in this special edition.
The Getting Lost Game is designed by me and my husband James, with help (and a lot of road testing) from our 3 daughters. We create, assemble and ship them from our home in Birkenhead, Auckland and where ever we can we use local suppliers to reduce our impact on the world.
We encourage you to make your own rules and the ways you can play it are endless and entirely adaptable to you.
- For quick play, pick a new direction card at each intersection
- For a game that lasts a couple of hours pick a new card every 5 minutes
- Want to keep it simple? Just keep in the direction cards (left, right, north, south etc) and take out the trickier ones
- Looking for a weekend get away? Play the game until you get the “head for home” card and then find a hotel or campground in what ever town you are in when you get the card
- Don’t want to stop for treats? Take the treat and drink card out before you start playing
- Send the kids off for a walk with the game to explore new places
- Arrive in a new city and set off walking with the cards – take a new direction at each intersection
- Want to surprise someone? Add in your own card in the middle (seriously – anyone looking for a proposal card please let us know – we’ll make you one!)
The deluxe edition is made using plant based, biodegradable PLA. It measures 100mm x 85mm x 24mm. Your case fits the main game plus one additional 10 card booster pack. If you need more space for extra cards we sell extra suitcases (we call these Matching Luggage) too. Each card measures 91mm x 55mm.
The game is ideally suited to outdoor play and there are a few cards you won’t be able to use if you are on foot (like follow a white car – unless you are very quick!). But if you do want to play on foot we recommend you add on the Booster Pack for more walking misdirections.
Please remember to play the game responsibly and make sure that you stay safe and able to get yourself back home at all times.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.