The te reo Māori Edition
$USD17.93 – $USD25.11
We are so excited to introduce the Te Reo Edition of The Getting Lost Game.
With the 26 misdirection cards in English on one side, te reo Māori on the other side you’ll have everything you need to get off devices and exploring untravelled paths.
This kit is the perfect starter pack for people wanting to find hidden gems of the beaten track, while exploring their backyard. It contains 26 “misdirection cards” which give you random directions to (things like turn left, follow a blue car, head in the direction the wind is blowing) to get you being mindfully random in your exploration.
The Te Reo Edition has all the same 26 misdirection cards you are used to (things like turn left or right, head to the highest point you can see) on the back of the cards, but on the front of each card we have translated our misdirections into te reo Māori.
It’s a brilliant way to bring te reo Māori into your everyday life as you learn the different direction cards.
To design the game we worked with the lovely Rosie and Kuruho from Kura Rēhia who translated our misdirections into te reo Māori. They then consulted with a certified translator to assure the quality of the translation. We really love the passion that Rosie and Kuruho have for bringing te reo Māori into ways we can have fun together as family and friends in Aotearoa.
Which option do I choose?
Soft Pack – with this option your cards come in our custom designed cardboard box. This is a great option for gifting and to keep all your cards together in the one place. It also looks great matching designs with our other booster packs.
Cased – with this option your cards come in a plant based plastic suitcase in your choice of one of four colours.
Purposefully offline, The Getting Lost Game is designed to inspire adventures and get people out of what they know and explore that untravelled path.
Designed by James and I, each kit contains 26 “misdirection cards” which give you random directions to discover new places where ever you are in the country.
There are no rules to the game and the ways you can play it are endless and entirely adaptable to the person playing the game.
Here’s some ideas we’ve had though…
- For quick play, pick a new direction card at each intersection
- For a game that lasts a couple of hours pick a new card every 5 minutes
- Want to keep it simple? Just keep in the direction cards (left, right, north, south etc) and take out the trickier ones
- Looking for a weekend get away? Play the game until you get the “head for home” card and then find a hotel or campground in what ever town you are in when you get the card
- Don’t want to stop for treats? Take the treat and drink card out before you start playing
- Want to be totally unplugged? There is only one card that requires the internet (Google the word lake) so just take that one out
- Send the kids off for a walk with the game to explore new places
- Arrive in a new city and set off walking with the cards – take a new direction at each intersection
- Want to surprise someone? Add in your own card in the middle (seriously – anyone looking for a proposal card please let us know – we’ll make you one!)
Each card measures 91mm x 55mm and all packs have 25 cards with misdirection cards on one side and inspiration cards on the other side.
The game is ideally suited to outdoor play there are a few cards you won’t be able to use if you are on foot (like follow a white car – unless you are very quick!).
Please remember to play the game responsibly and make sure that you stay safe and able to get yourself back home at all times. The compass is a toy designed for playing the game only so please don’t rely on this for directions.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.